Saturday, August 12, 2006

Day 17.02

We drive a bit further and stop again. "Look, a pretty raggedy Anne."
A pretty Raggedy Anne
"And over there, on that big tree, a hoppity bunny strung up by his ears. Ouch, I know what it feels like." Ted remarks, and I feel the pangs of guilt over the way I had treated him as a little girl. Not only dragging him, but when he got wet mum would hang him out to dry, suspended with clothes pegs, by his ears. It takes days for a furry bear stuffed with wood shavings to dry.

a hoppity bunny

A few more kilometers and: "There’s Miss Piggy" I get into the act. "That’s not Miss Piggy, that’s a horse." Ted corrects me. I guess he would know better.

not Miss Piggy

"And a green thing with stripes." I say, cautiously. "That would be a brontosaurus. I saw those in one of Luke’s (Kal's) paleontology books." Ted says with an air of authority.

a 'green thing with stripes'

Thankfully, that was the last one. And not a minute too soon, for Chewie had grown impatient. "One more of these and you can join them." Chewie threatens in exasperation. "Let’s go to Esperance!" Ted suggests quickly.





No comments: